Hello

oldskool
My name is Dave. I just purchased a dynacycle yesterday at an auction in pa. Don't know a thing about it but I guess I'm going to learn. Its missing some pieces! Don't know if I did the right thing, but here I go! I've been into whizzers and motorized bikes but not one of these. Here the worst part the carb,piston ,and connecting rod are missing. Don't know if anyone can help!! Looking for anything I can get without braking the bank. (lol) Also the gear for the chain is gone. (basket case) Hope to find some HELP. Its a Schwinn. Will register it here.

Re: Hello

Matt Morgan
I am glad to know you got the bike. What are your plans for it? That is a very nice original bike from what I could tell. You can email me directly at gmnm778@hotmail.com.  I will look and see what parts I may have that you need. Thanks, Matt

Re: Hello

oldskool
I'm planning on keeping it and hopefully riding it some day! Needs help, may take awhile.

Re: Hello

Matt Morgan
Great!  I am sure with the help of everyone here you can get it up and running. Some good detailed pics would help some of us others in our projects too!! I hope you will keep it original and don't plan on restoring it.  Matt

Re: Hello

oldskool
I'm planning on keeping it as original as I can. As far as pictures go I should have some posted by the end of today. I have it at the garage not at the house and I forgot the camera yesterday.

Re: Hello

oldskool

Re: Hello

Roy k.Aubol
You will have to get a hold of Ron Dow for piston and stuff....Doubt if anyone else on the planet earth can help you if he can't!

His email is gingaw@earthlink.net

By the way it looks decent enough...is there a horn button on either side of the tank?
Looks like a original S8 chassis.

Re: Hello

oldskool
You are correct, no horn button. I believe its an original frame. Thanks for the information.

Re: Hello

Ron Dow
Dave,
Carter carburetors from the 4.0 HP Martin engine can be modified to work. Which sprocket is bad...transmission or rear end?  Somewhere on this site shows a picture.

Re: Hello

Matt Morgan
Contact me directly about the parts you need at gmnm778@hotmail.com.  Thanks, Matt

Re: Hello

oldskool
I do think I have the carburetor but not sure if its the right one. Having problems with camera to computer for the pictures. Working one it. Will send as soon as I can.

Re: Hello

oldskool
Sorry forgot about sprocket ,it would be transmission.

Re: Hello

Ron Dow
Be sure to make periodic checks on eBay for "martin outboard carter carburetor". They are 90% ready for use on the Dynacycle. See elsewhere on this site for picture of modified unit. I have unfinished pistons available. Good luck with your restoration. I'm available for help.

Re: Hello

oldskool
<
Here are acouple more pictures.