Welcome

Ron Dow
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Welcome

wz507
Enjoying the pictures of the beautiful motorbikes on the site, and wish I could volunteer pictures of my own, but unfortunately I'm not one of the lucky ones that owns a Dynacycle.

Re: Welcome

wz507
Just a test to see if I can add a picture of Ron's Mustang.

Just hit the "Insert Image" button at the top of the reply page, pick the file source (i-net or your computer), pick the file you want, and you're good to go.  It would note post the image in full resolution and said it was too large a file so I chose the medium size image and it worked fine.

Re: Welcome

jerry Mahoney
Thanks for inviting me to join your new Dynacycle motorbike and scooter site Ron.
If it wasn't for Ron I wouldn't have much of a Dynacycle. I found one in Wisconsin years ago that was in ruff shape and missing lots of parts. On the way home I stopped by the the original bike shop that sold it new. And yes i even talked to the owner of the shop that sold it.
Ron told me it was on a schwinn bike that was made just for the Dynacycles. He explained it had a web bracing welded into the frame under the tank and above the crank housing, {see pictures} Ron completely restored the motor making many parts for it Ron them assembled the motor and bike and these are the pictures of the finished product.  Thanks again Ron. Jerry

Re: Welcome

john stansbury
Here are a few pictures of my bikes. John

Re: Welcome

john stansbury
Hi Ron  Here are a few more pics of my garage.Pictures are real easy to post.Keep up the good work and tell Marilyn that Karen says Hi.

Re: Welcome

Fred C
Hi Ron, well its nice to see Dynacycle out on the web with its own webpage!!!! Good Job and Thank You!!
It's been a long time since we have spoken. I still have mine and yes...  I still need a Model N-792S carb anyone out there have a spare??? HELP!!!! I wont give up hope.... Glad to see you still have the carb info I gave you from the carter carb book. Is Mr Pool still around? I remembered he had a spare years ago that he wouldn't part with. Maybe times have changed? Mr. Pool told me of a fellow here in Calif. named Bill Lionheart who had a D165. I did visit Bill and brought all I had to compare what we all where missing, and sorry to say have not kept up on his progress. That was years ago... and for both of us it was the 2nd Dynacycle we have ever seen. I've been holding on to this gem since the 80's wish me luck I need it. Thanks again Ron for keeping Dynacycle alive in the cyber world!!

Fred C
50A-1386 Schwinn S8

Carter carburetor

Ron Dow
Fred,
The 1948 Martin "40" outboard had a Carter carburetor with the correct venturi (23/32") and fuel adjustment coming out the bottom of the fuel bowl. Choke lever needs to be turned 180 degrees and a new plate for the top of the throttle shaft made. I've used several on restored Dynacycles with success. They are sometimes found on eBay under martin outboard...which I check weekly. I believe the later model Martins switched over to a Tillotson. If I find another, I will buy and convert it for you.
Is your carb bad? Hard to believe it can't be repaired. The fuel adjustment assembly is prone to breaking off but almost always fixable.

Carter carb

Ron Dow
Fred,
Please send me your email address at gingaw@earthlink.net.

Converted Carter carburetor from Martin outboard

Ron Dow
I was in error about the carburetor noted above. Choke level is in correct position. Carburetor P/N is 753S and from a 1952 Martin Outboard "45". This conversion is not complete needing a pin installed in the throttle actuator plate for the throttle cable. The shown choke plate has a relief mechanism built-in and makes starting the Dynacycle difficult. I suggest installation of a solid plate or the one shown modified (JB Weld?) such that the relief window does not open.

Re: Converted Carter carburetor from Martin outboard

Ron Dow
This post was updated on .
OOOPs....forgot the picture!

Re: Converted Carter carburetor from Martin outboard

Roy Aubol
New old stock dynacycle carb!!

Re: Welcome

Misty T
Hi!

I am so excited to find this site!  I love the Dynacycle, although I am not currently in the position to own one.  I actually have a question...I have owned and ridden a couple of bullet bikes.  One time I was in Palm Springs Ca. and saw a bike that I just loved.  I know that they are pretty cheap, not much of a "real" bike.  It looked like a vintage style bike but was a modern reproduction, complete with white wall tires and leather seat.  It was years ago, I don't currently have any bikes, and I would love to find out what it was.
Like I said, I know they were fairly cheap, not manufactured by a large company.  I wanted to say Knuckle bike but after looking at pics online, it looked more like an Indian style retro moped...can you help me figure out what it is that I am looking for?  Please help!  I am a bike lover stuck standing on my own two feet...and would love to find this thing, whatever it was...   :(  please message me at misstthacker@gmail.com